Sunday, June 27, 2010

I decided today I kind of like Sundays in Rome. Slept in fairly late, then went for a long stroll before stopping at my favorite lunch/dinner window for a salame sandwich, then ate that while strolling over to an atm to withdraw some money. Stopped at Despar on the way back for a Red Bull. I spent some time working on my presentation on the Swiss Guard for tomorrow (although it's still not finished, so it looks like this will be a late one... oh well), then went back to Despar with a few people to get ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, and other fixings for burgers. I guess the idea caught on after we fixed burgers yesterday, and once everyone got in on the dinner we ended up with seven people eating burgers, rice and chicken salad. After dinner David, Molly and I went for gelato (blue ice, the main gelato chain here, really doesn't seem to be the way to go). Then we walked up to a viewpoint looking down over the city, which was pretty and a nice walk too. Now I'm back, and preparing myself to finish off my work on this presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment